Since I was awoken by the sounds of rain, I've decided to share a short story of my very special little dog who passed away on 15 January 2013. This story is for all the Dog Lovers out there.
Boo, who was a male mini chihuahua came to me unexpected. I was first introduced to Boo by my Mom and Sis, who showed me a picture of a dog who was displayed at the Pet Lovers Centre (Simei). He was in such a bad condition - minimal fur (bitten by mites like) and he was shaking with fear.
Being a Dog Lover, my Mom immediately informed her community of Dog rescue associations hoping to save this little chihuahua from pain. After a month of bravery effort from Mom, Boo was transferred to the Pets Lovers Centre at Vivo looking all ready to be on sale and boy he was so handsome and cute! But no one wanted him..
I came home one day and my Sis told me that my silly Mom bought Boo behind our back and she wanted to reserve Boo till she find a better family for him! Being me, I was furious because I already have two very hyper active female chihuahuas at home! And who would have the time to temporary look after Boo?
But the thought of having this chihuahua who suffered so much, Kim and I decided to bring him home together with my Mom. He was so small and fragile with those alien eyes.. Not forgetting that he had a bright pink pig nose which to me was very, very special.
I remembered, I wasn't very happy to share my room with him. I could not put him downstairs with the other two because they were ferocious and I was really afraid that they would bite him and hurt him. So, I set aside a space for him in my room with a cage and a tiny comfy bed. At that point of time, I was "supposed" to shelter him for a while before my Mom finds a home for him.
Little did I know, he was such a joy that I kept my baby boy for 7 months before God took him away from me. 7 months worth of such good and fond memories with my best companion. He was such an awesome Dog that I was more than willing to share my bed and everything else I had with him! He was a gift from God and he showered me with unconditional love which I would have never expected.
His death came to me as a surprise because another dog bite him and he was in such a bad shape that my family had decided to end his pain by euthanizing him. And the worst part, I did not have the opportunity at all to send him off. During the attack, my parents were hurt and of course, I was also terribly worried for my Mom especially. I cannot ever imagine the trauma she went through for being a Dog Lover!
Anger also took a part of me, as I did not like the fact that one of the maids, who was walking the one of the ugly huge ass poodles each at that point of time, did not manage to hold on to one of the leash properly which led to the attack of the ugly poodle dashing to kill my poor baby boy. Where is the justice for dogs these days?!?
Just my last words now, if you know your dog could possibly kill and you know your dog has lousy socializing skills, you as a owner should walk your OWN dog responsibly, not to ask your useless maids to walk the dogs for you. Although the Owner came to my house personally to apologize for this misfortune event, nothing could ever bring my precious baby Boo back to me.
I am deeply sadden by the passing of my greatest companion and the pain is worst than a heartbreak. I have been trying my utmost to stay positive and I would like to thank all my family and friends who stood by me through this very difficult period.
I would always have you buried in my heart baby boy. You've become a part of me which would never be erased. I love you Boo, forever and always. May you rest in peace in Dog Heaven.
Much Love,
Your Owner.